Oracle Enterprise Manager Review
OEM provides an easy way to reach the root cause of a problem and resolve it asap

What is our primary use case?

Web services and environment status by ping service and web service request. check on JVM and other transaction monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

This product helps to reach the cause of an outage or unstable system in production and in handling such situations. It provides an easy way to reach the root cause of the problem and to resolve it asap. It helps in CPU utilization monitoring as well as thread and memory management.it helps in building emergency respond team for monitoring team. At some point monitoring team does not need to engage operation team as feature like restart of server can done through this tool.

What is most valuable?

Max use was server monitoring and operations of applications. This helps handling of critical situations in a production and support for the customers.

What needs improvement?

Customization for double secure / nonce based / token based Business Transaction Management. Where you can monitor DB calls as well as Web service calls under firewall.

Yes...some times it does not trigger an alert in case of an issue. Trying to fix it with custom build changes.

2 on a scale of 1 to 5 (1=worst , 5=best)

2 on a scale of 1 to 5 (1=worst, 5=best)

We still have t-mart alert system. We switched to this one to monitor systems in detail. T-mart alert is just a replication of a user's behavior which does not show the cause of the issue.

Straightforward with all necessary steps mention in the online documentation.

Together as a one team. 3 on a scale of 5.

License version..does not cost too much due to license and agreement between vendor and company.

No. We use other Oracle products like Java, Weblogic Portal, Weblogic Server, Sun One web servers, Solaris servers and Linux.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a license contract with Oracle and if you have a lifetime agreement on service on any product from Oracle then this product is worth using. Otherwise it's best to explore the option of using an open source product. Not worth it for start up companies.

1 visitor found this review helpful

2 Comments

it_user3876ConsultantPOPULAR

Hi Prerak Trivedi, you mentioned that sometimes OEM does not trigger an alert in case of an issue. Would you please like to tell us which version of OEM you are using?

13 May 14