Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

We checked various Monitoring software but OEM provided us with the greatest ability for productivity

What is most valuable?

Database performance monitoring, dashboards, databases management and Dataguard setup and monitoring are the features that I like the most.
BI Publisher is another cool feature to generate customized reports.

How has it helped my organization?

We have 200+ databases and monitoring that number of databases without using a enterprise tool would involve a tremendous amount of manual work. Furthermore, early notification about databases and operating system alerts helps our DBA team in fixing the issue before there is any major impact on the business.

What needs improvement?

Middleware (weblogic) has some bugs and crashes occur which should be fixed to make OEM more productive.

This

I have been using OEM for 6+ years

This product is easy to setup. I haven't faced any issues in deployment.

We were using custom build application to monitor the systems but this product provides more functionality and GUI interface.

We have an enterprise Corporate License so cost is not an issue.

We checked Quest software (Spotlight and Toad) however we found OEM to be more productive.

What other advice do I have?

I feel that this a 5 star product because of how easy it is to configure and the vast features that are available.

3 visitors found this review helpful