Oracle Enterprise Manager Review
We checked various Monitoring software but OEM provided us with the greatest ability for productivity

Valuable Features:

Database performance monitoring, dashboards, databases management and Dataguard setup and monitoring are the features that I like the most.
BI Publisher is another cool feature to generate customized reports.

Improvements to My Organization:

We have 200+ databases and monitoring that number of databases without using a enterprise tool would involve a tremendous amount of manual work. Furthermore, early notification about databases and operating system alerts helps our DBA team in fixing the issue before there is any major impact on the business.

Room for Improvement:

Middleware (weblogic) has some bugs and crashes occur which should be fixed to make OEM more productive.

This

Use of Solution:

I have been using OEM for 6+ years

Deployment Issues:

This product is easy to setup. I haven't faced any issues in deployment.

Previous Solutions:

We were using custom build application to monitor the systems but this product provides more functionality and GUI interface.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

We have an enterprise Corporate License so cost is not an issue.

Other Solutions Considered:

We checked Quest software (Spotlight and Toad) however we found OEM to be more productive.

Other Advice:

I feel that this a 5 star product because of how easy it is to configure and the vast features that are available.

3 visitors found this review helpful

2 Comments

William LinnConsultant

While OEM ( Oracle Enterprise Manager ) does do a good job of monitoring Oracle Databases and Solaris Zones ( Something other ESM products have a little problem with seeing things like actual CPU...Memory etc...etc of zones ) it does not do a great job with granularity of monitoring as so other agent based products like SCOM or Omi does. Even some agentless based products are far superior. I understand the desire to have a utility/tool that is xoncentric to the vendor one uses. But the downside is that it is a little like the fox keeping the chicken house.....isn't it?

15 February 16
it_user516651User

OEM helps monitor across heterogenous systems which is key for big companies with various prod environments.

20 September 16