Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

It reduces overall required downtime. Better stability is required.

Valuable Features

Both OS and Hardware Management, Network Boot, Server Pools, and Live migration of LDOMs over Server Pool are Ops Center's most valuable features to me.

Improvements to My Organization

It helps a lot in data center consolidation, P2V, and with LDOM live migration. It reduces overall required downtime and is highly scalable, especially with T5 architecture.

Room for Improvement

The monitoring feature should be improved, so that it may be used as a dependable monitoring solution, as well as a deployment solution for SPARC-based hardware and operating systems.

Use of Solution

I have used the product for three years.

No, I didn’t encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability.

I will rate technical support at 9.

I have had the opportunity to work with various other UNIX as well as Linux systems, but among all of them, I found Solaris to be a very stable operating system. Now with the evolution of LDOMs, ZFS and zones, it’s providing a perfect platform for virtualization solutions.

To me installation doesn’t seem complex, but at the same time comprehensive understanding of technology is required.

Implementation Team

We performed implementation ourselves, except some time when we requested Oracle’s professional services.

Other Advice

I recommend Oracle solutions like T5 Super-Cluster, T5-8 and Oracle Solaris 11 operating systems, as they are highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems.