Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

The GUI is user friendly. We can see the monitoring tools for the host or database.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is the user-friendly GUI. With OEM, we can see the monitoring tools for the host or database.

Improvements to My Organization

We use it every day. For any performance issue, we jump into OEM and then we use it. We monitor the database to help us deal with the issue.

Room for Improvement

There as some monitoring tools, such as GoldenGate, that would be great if they could put them in OEM.

Right now, whatever we have is enough, but for additional features we want GoldenGate.

Use of Solution

We have been using Oracle for a long time.

We do have other technologies.

It's stable.

We are moving to a data center right now. It was in one data center and we are moving it to another data center, where we have our other data business, and it has scaled well.

Technical support is good; very good. They were efficient.

Initial setup and upgrades were straightforward. We have upgraded from 10 to 11 and from 11 to 12.

Other Advice

It's a very flexible, straightforward installation. It's user friendly, usable day by day and we can see the database monitoring, host monitoring, everything.

When I’m looking at a vendor such as Oracle, I look for good tech support, reliability, and stability.

More Oracle Enterprise Manager reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Enterprise Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.