Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

We can define RES service or sub-service and have multiple platforms hitting the service. We use this as a security layer.

What is most valuable?

Using this product makes our integration process more easy and seamless. Previously, it used to be hard for a few applications. Now with this product, we can easily define our RES service or sub-service and can have multiple platforms hitting the service.

We have a dedicated security layer and use this as a security layer.

What needs improvement?

In my opinion, this product needs to improve its performance.

We need to have more detailed monitoring when certain services extend beyond a particular time frame. For example, if it goes beyond 60 seconds, we want to get an alert saying something is wrong. Anything that can self-optimize itself would be a great feature. For instance you put an SQL and if this tool can give us a recommendation stating that this SQL doesn't seem to be optimized and so you may run into issues for this feature. Thus, a self-optimization feature would be good.

I have used this product for almost 5 to 6 years.

This is a stable product.

We have experienced some downtime in terms of performance. For example, when we carry out some complicated code, it usually times out; sometimes it goes beyond sixty seconds and that's frustrating for the users.

Right now we don't have it on the cloud platform yet, but once we do most probably we will be able to run as many instances as we can. Currently, we are running it on twelve instances on our own private infrastructure. I think moving onto cloud would give us more flexibility.

Oracle provides good support and we find them very responsive. We tend to use them a lot because we don't have strong expertise in this area. We go ask them questions such as how do we do this, do you have any clients who are already using this kind of feature or do you have any extra plugins for this new feature and they are very supportive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others. One of the things with Oracle is that they are expensive. They have to cut down their costs so that a smaller organization can easily adapt to these features. Although those who have an enterprise platform and wouldn’t mind spending the money on this product, should go for it.