Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

Provides a "health check" of our system and application so we can tweak performance

What is most valuable?

I think it's mainly to do a health check of the system and the application and how the performance is doing, so that we can determine any tuning and tweaking that we need to do; it's helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

It's mainly to figure out the scalability of our application using the OEM. That gives us an insight into how the processes are doing. That's the value that we're getting, to go back and tweak the application.

It's quite stable. I have not had any issues.

We are just experimenting with a couple of products right now, so we have yet to go over that. We haven't really done any scalability test.

I have not ever used it.

We had bought Oracle before. We moved away from a proprietary system into the Oracle Database, so this was a needed this functionality.

What other advice do I have?

When looking at, and selecting, a vendor to buy from, the most important criteria I look for are the stability of the product, scalability, and technical support after that. We went with Oracle because it is the main brand.

It's good to use. We're not having issues with it.