Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

What is most valuable?

I think the look and feel and the accessibility to the databases, the scale of environment support. Ours is basically like a hosting company and we have a thousand databases and the way you can get to the metrics, quickly figure out the ETA to fix a problem, these are the things that I love.

How has it helped my organization?

As I said, ours is a hosting company. We host a lot of customer environments in our data center and pretty much the alerting mechanism and the deviates stay on top of things with using the ... applying patches, for example.

We can do things on the fly and templates and the monitoring, the way the alerts kick in. We can pretty much make generic and customize based on customer needs and it takes less deviate time I would say, even down time or when you want to set those blackouts when you are working without the teams. It is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I think maybe we have to streamline further. It is just that everything out of the box. It is not really...

We could use it but definitely with some effort we can streamline much better and sometimes some box here and there, like 13C you have to really wait, but there are great features. Just have to make sure it is a stable product.

Yeah, sometimes we see little things that are getting dragged with Oracle support and all that. I think overall they are fine.

I think training is not required unless you are really low rating all the great features. I would recommend getting them certified, OEM certification, 12C certification. That would help.

Quest products is one that I can think of.

Quest I don't think looks it at such a larger scale and we integrated Oracle's OEM service now and that also helps us. We liked the internal views which pretty much covers all the environments, also the OEM internal which captures the database. We call that database repository.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend it. Yeah, just get the stable product right now, 12C, and probably 6 months down the line I could even recommend 13C.

More Oracle Enterprise Manager reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Enterprise Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.