Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

It moves data, runs business rules, and runs calculation scripts. It's new and the user interface is clunky.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is its ability to integrate directly into S Space and move data, run business rules, run calculation scripts, and things like that.

Room for Improvement

The user interface is pretty clunky.

I have not rated it higher because it’s still new.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for about 18 months.

It seems to be as stable as any other ETL product we use.

We're still in the development process. We haven't really put anything into production just yet.

As far as scalability, we're learning as we go on how to parameterize everything and stop hard-coding stuff. It seems to be handling what we're asking it to do.

Technical support is good. We get answers that we need within a couple of days. They are knowledgeable.

Initial setup is a little kind of hokey, but once you figure it out, it's okay.

Other Solutions Considered

We use also use DataStage and Informatica, outside of the Hyperion stack and the Oracle stack.

Other Advice

I recommend using the product for similar situations, just because it does technically integrate all the Oracle products together, especially in the EPM space.

Reputation is a big part of the decision regarding which vendor to work with. The other part is strategy: Do they have partners that can help us strategize on implementation? We don't need people on the keyboard, we need people helping us with setting up the big picture.