Oracle Enterprise Manager Review

Real-time alerting allows me to get right on issues and correct them as quickly as possible

What is most valuable?

Performance diagnostics. That is the best.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows me to receive real-time alerting notifications when somebody's doing something that is detrimental in the environment. I can get right on issues and correct them as quickly as possible.

What needs improvement?

It's a pretty well-rounded product. Nothing really comes to mind right now.

Very stable, extremely stable.

The ability to scale is excellent.

Outstanding.

We weren't using anything previously. The decision was just made to go with this one because I was familiar with it, and it's a pretty solid stable product from Oracle.

The setup was moderate, but the documentation and everything that exists is really invaluable.

What other advice do I have?

In choosing a vendor our most important criteria are affected by the fact that we work for the Children's Hospital Research Institute. They're a non-profit so budgets are always tight. Cost would be the primary factor, and vendors being willing to negotiate, for non-profit companies, on the prices.

Be sure that you have the people with the skill sets to be able to use the tool, or be willing to invest in the training to learn how to use the tool.

It's a more mature stable product.