Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller Review

The SwissArmy knife of session border controllers

What is our primary use case?

The primary use we have for this solution is for securing our clients' border controls for voice networks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the product's modularity and stability.

What needs improvement?

Basically every solution has bugs if you look for them or find them. Those can obviously be improved but small bugs are an issue with every product. What I would like to see as a real improvement in the product is the evolution or enhancement of the proper virtualization process of the product itself. That is definitely something they need to work on.

I have been using the solution for 10+ years.

The product is very stable and does not have or contribute to downtime.

The solution is very scalable. I would rate it a five-plus on a scale of one to five in scalability if five is the best.

We have definitely had the opportunity to use technical support. If you evaluate their work in responding to issues as a four-plus on a scale of one to five — if five is the maximum.

We had not previously used different products and have only been linked with the Oracle SBC (Session Border Controller).

The initial setup of the product was of medium complexity. It is a specific solution that requires a certain amount of knowledge to understand what it does and then to be able to make it work. So it will not be easy for a novice and still requires a little effort for those with expertise.

We are integrators and consultants, so we did our own deployment and deployments for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is the Swiss army knife of border controllers. That's actually the best description of the product itself and what it does.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Oracle SBC as a nine.