Oracle ERP Cloud Review

A good cloud that scales well but can be expensive

What is our primary use case?

In my current workplace, we use the Oracle Cloud ERP to manage our HR information - including general employee information, and payroll information, salary, promotion, and performance position information. We've also connected this HR module. We utilize the Oracle Cloud ERP to manage our HR and finance.

What is most valuable?

I really like the cloud feature. That's the most famous and the best one on the market. You can save lots of costs in comparison with an in-house solution.

The solution is scalable and very stable. You don't need to worry about the underpinning infrastructure. The system backup, we don't need to worry about it.

What needs improvement?

As an ERP solution, the design concept is complicated due to the fact that it will manage almost everything regarding the business operations. It's not designed to simplify something, it's actually designed to regulate or make it more integral. It should be easy to use per se. All ERP systems are quite sophisticated and not easy to master, however, the value of the ERP system needs to provide accurate business information to the leadership. The interface could be improved in future releases.

I've been using the solution for three or more years. It's been a while at this point.

The stability of the product is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

We have 185 users on the solution.

We do have plans to continue usage and renew our license.

Technical support is okay. If you want to have it on a higher level or get better service, you have to pay. It's an additional cost.

For the most part, we are satisfied with the level of support we have.

As a could-based solution, there isn't really an installation process required.

The solution allows us to save on costs. It's less expensive than an on-prem version.

We pay a yearly licensing fee. It's still relatively expensive. We'd like it to be cheaper still.

Technical support runs on tiers. Better service requires an extra payment.

I evaluated SAP and Oracle EBS, as well as Oracle PeopleSoft. However, eventually, we choose Oracle Cloud ERP.

SAP is very heavy and expensive, which is why we didn't choose it.

What other advice do I have?

I am a customer and an end-user of this solution.

As a cloud-based solution, we are always on the latest version.

I would recommend the solution to other users.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. If the pricing or interface were better, I would likely rate it a bit higher.

More Oracle ERP Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with SAP Business ByDesign
Find out what your peers are saying about NetSuite ERP vs. Oracle ERP Cloud and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.