Oracle ERP Cloud Review

Oracle Financials helps us manage our cash flow and our fixed assets. On Premises customers are having difficulty getting updates on time.

What is most valuable?

To begin with, Oracle Financials is especially valuable. It is one of the most complex financial solution in the world. It helps us, day-to-day, manage our cash flow and manage our fixed assets, plus even getting proper reporting done because we didn't have a proper system previously. This solution will really work. It brings a lot of added value to us.

What needs improvement?

If you look at it from the support point of view, the product has to improve a lot, especially from the bug fixing side.

It’s something that they sell, so Oracle needs to determine their priorities. From what we have seen, Oracle is making Oracle Cloud a higher priority. Now, the Oracle On Premises customers are having difficulty with getting certain updates on time. Those are the areas that we have seen that there are a lot of improvements to be done.

We have been using it for about two years now. We mainly use Oracle Financials. One of our subsidiaries is currently going through a process on implementing Oracle modules, including the purchasing, inventory, product manufacturing, and order management. Those are the modules that they're using.

In terms of the system point of view, we haven't seen any downtime or anything like that. Now, we have seen with Oracle Cloud, there are a lot of nice features which have come out. As far as we are concerned, we have not seen any downtime.

It is scalable. In terms of the application, it is scalable.

I think it will continue to work for us scalability-wise. Oracle Financials itself has its own strengths scaling it to a different extent. We believe that we can scale it up when the business is also scaling up.

Oracle support for this application is not up to the standard. From the database point of view, Oracle support is very good. When it comes to this application, if you look at the SaaS, it takes a long time for Oracle to provide some of the solutions. That is where we have seen where Oracle is lacking on supporting the customers in that sense.

What other advice do I have?

We would definitely recommend the Oracle ERP platform to them because it would create a lot of added value for them. Having said that, on the backend side, there is a lot of infrastructure to be developed. Our advice is to work from a different context: either put the backend application on their own cloud, or come up with their own infrastructure; hard drives, etc.

It is not at the top extreme end, but it has a lot of features which goes into the top extreme end. If you look at the application, it needs to be developed a lot.