Oracle Exadata Review

In the past we used traditional RAC database architecture. The switch was straightforward using the OneCommand tool.

What is most valuable?

• Exadata Storage Server software
  • Smart Scan

How has it helped my organization?

• Sped up SQL response time
  • Easy to get support from the vendor

What needs improvement?

The ASR needs to be improved.

I've used it for three years, from 2012 to 2015.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

Oracle support provided the necessary information to scale the system.

It's good, 8/10.

8/10.

In the past we used traditional RAC database architecture. We switched because this type of solution has many drawbacks, and Exadata is the best system for Oracle databases.

It was straightforward using the OneCommand tool that is designed for Exadata deployment.

We used an ACS engineer (advanced customer service) and the field delivery engineer did the implementation.

It is little bit expensive compared to other solutions, but very useful. You just pay for one license which covers all the components within Exadata.

It is a new level of server designed for Oracle database software, so you cannot find any other options with Exadata storage software.

What other advice do I have?

If you have OLT and are working 24/7 on an Oracle database, Exadata is the best solution for you. Before implementing this product you need to define your requirements clearly as this will help you to avoid future issues.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Our company ITZone LLC is an Oracle Field Delivery Partner in Mongolia.