Oracle Exadata Review
With this solution, our data warehouse was consolidated on a single database with improved capability and performance.

Valuable Features

SmartScan and Cell Offloading, which can drastically reduce I/O from queries, improving response time.

Improvements to My Organization

My company's data warehouse was consolidated on a single database with improved capability and performance. Maintenance tasks and jobs start to execute much faster on the new environment. Now our company is acquiring a new hardware to support our SAS application.

Room for Improvement

Massive updates statements should not disable HCC.

Use of Solution

I've used it for over two years.

When the workload increases on the cells, Cell Offloading may not happen.

No issues encountered.

8/10.

8/10.

No previous solution was used.

Implementation Team

The setup is conducted by Oracle, which is a requirement.

ROI

We've not measured it.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It can simplify your IT environment, reducing the costs with maintenance operations if you have the Platinum offering.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at Fusion I/O, but Exadata Storage was so much faster.

Other Advice

It really fit our mixed environment and it is totally directed to DW/DSS environment, as most of the heavy queries would be performed on the storage server.

2 Comments

it_user106500Real User

Hi Carlos, what was the overall infrastructure and data size?

thanks,
Arun

30 June 15
it_user259683Real User

Sorry for the lat answer, we have 3 Exadata Machines one X2-2 Quarter Rack, one X4-2 Half Rack and one X5-2 Elastic Rack (4 DB nodes and 8 Storage Nodes).

Thanks.