Oracle Exadata Review

The out-of-the-box performance and data compression allows us to manage larger volumes of data more easily.

What is most valuable?

The extreme performance and data compression that comes straight out of the box.

How has it helped my organization?

With Exadata, everything is simply better optimized, and our organization has been leveraging the fact that it can now manage larger volumes of data much more easily than it could previously. For example, we almost never hear our internal or external customers complain about performance issues these days. Performance problems were a recurring problem for us in the past.

What needs improvement?

X5 supports virtualization, but I think the performance on virtualization is not all that great. I have heard it from a customer, though I admit I haven't tested it out myself.

We have been using this for about three months.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

We find X5 to be very scalable.

We have always had excellent customer service.

It's excellent.

We were convinced that with Exadata we would be able to consolidate our databases, have a serious performance boost, and leave a smaller footprint on the Data Center.

There were some complexities because a lot of departments were involved, and there were some communication gaps, but generally speaking, it went smoothly.

It was done in-house, but with help from Oracle.

Your TCO and Operational expenses will definitely go down with Exadata.

No, we were pretty much decided on Exadata from the outset.

What other advice do I have?

This product actually does what it promises to - it gives extreme performance on your data set.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Platinum Partners
More Oracle Exadata reviews from users