Oracle Exadata Review

The out-of-the-box performance and data compression allows us to manage larger volumes of data more easily.

Valuable Features

The extreme performance and data compression that comes straight out of the box.

Improvements to My Organization

With Exadata, everything is simply better optimized, and our organization has been leveraging the fact that it can now manage larger volumes of data much more easily than it could previously. For example, we almost never hear our internal or external customers complain about performance issues these days. Performance problems were a recurring problem for us in the past.

Room for Improvement

X5 supports virtualization, but I think the performance on virtualization is not all that great. I have heard it from a customer, though I admit I haven't tested it out myself.

Use of Solution

We have been using this for about three months.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

We find X5 to be very scalable.

We have always had excellent customer service.

It's excellent.

We were convinced that with Exadata we would be able to consolidate our databases, have a serious performance boost, and leave a smaller footprint on the Data Center.

There were some complexities because a lot of departments were involved, and there were some communication gaps, but generally speaking, it went smoothly.

Implementation Team

It was done in-house, but with help from Oracle.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Your TCO and Operational expenses will definitely go down with Exadata.

Other Solutions Considered

No, we were pretty much decided on Exadata from the outset.

Other Advice

This product actually does what it promises to - it gives extreme performance on your data set.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Platinum Partners