Oracle Exadata Review

Unified,Integrated,scalable appliance with all components supported by one vendor ,Oracle

What is our primary use case?

Extreme Bare metal Performance for the business to scale up as per the heterogeneous database loads

How has it helped my organization?

Our business cycle has benefited greatly with Exadata as our as operational efficiency has improved by 200%.

Also, our business analytics platform performance has improved by 300%.

What is most valuable?

• Exadata Smart Flash Cache - caches database objects with flash memory operations
  • Integrated appliance with all components supported by one vendor, Oracle

What needs improvement?

• It needs built-in big data features.
  • I'd like to see smart auto-healing features with machine-learning libraries.
  • Less power consumption would be nice.
  • It needs integrated cloud software to enable cloud connectivity.

More than five years.

There were no stability issues.

We've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

oracle customer service is the best in the industry.

Technical support for Exadata is the best in the industry.

Traditional Oracle RAC to Oracle Exadata RAC due to have scalable and robust database consolidated platform for upcoming release 12.2, which has ability to consolidate multi character set with in single container and heterogeneous data guard support.

It was a bit complex to fit in with our business requirements initially, but post implementation it was great. and will work as most stable and scalable database ever run on Linux with various complex work loads.

We implemented it in-house and advisor for major global exadata deployments

300%

Oracle need to reduce the licensing cost to get more market penetration and offer as Open Financing Option.

Yes with SAP HANA and other relevant platform for Analytics

What other advice do I have?

I would truly recommend this to all SMEs and Big Enterprises for consolidating databases with a unified next-generation platform.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Currently pursuing specialized Oracle Exadata Partnership and I am a technical reviewer of Oracle Exadata Expert's Handbook Paperback.