Oracle Exadata Review

It combines hardware with the software that we use from Oracle.

Valuable Features

It is fast and integrated. It combines hardware with the software that we use from Oracle. It's a complete stack, not only for the hardware but the full implementation and delivery, so it’s really good for IT.

Improvements to My Organization

We have seen performance and reliability benefits. It's also beneficial from a cost perspective.

Room for Improvement

We are using it now predominantly as a hardware stack managed by our company. We would love to see it more as a service; a database-as-a-service offering.

It is very stable; no stability issues.

No problems with scalability.

The SRs that we raise are not always resolved in a timely fashion. Often I'm unhappy.

At this moment in time, it is pretty much a straightforward, almost-manual installation. We're looking for some automation around it.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at other organizations or vendors, as well. We also looked at the database appliance from Oracle.

We decided to go with the Exadata product because of the size of our company.

Other Advice

The Nike one: Just do it.

More Oracle Exadata reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Exadata. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.