Jt hjyjg 400x400

Oracle Exadata Review
If there are any patches or other updates, everything is combined as a single patch. We had lots of storage issues and disk failures.

Valuable Features:

I like mainly the performance. Also, we have enabled RAC clusters. That's one of the main things, as well as high availability. The performance and high availability are really awesome.

Improvements to My Organization:

The main benefit is that everything is powered by Oracle; the whole box, hardware, software, and storage. So we have the flexibility of going to one vendor directly instead of going to multiple vendors if we had any issues. If we have a storage issue, we go to them. If we have a database issue, we go to them. And if there are any patches or other updates, everything is combined as a single patch. We can apply it and it's easy to apply with a single command and easy to coordinate and support.

Room for Improvement:

In the current version we're using, we had lots of storage issues, disk failures, etc. We think in the future, we'd like to see that reduced. That will reduce the cost and everything for the client.

Stability Issues:

It is stable.

Scalability Issues:

We had an issue where we had to increase the storage and we got the new cells from Oracle. Then we scaled outward.

We have used technical support many times. Most of time it's okay, but sometimes there's a delay in the response. Then we have to escalate and get it done.

Previous Solutions:

We didn’t have any previous solution. We had different vendors, like a storage vendor, and the DB software was from Oracle. As a security company, we want to maintain our compliance by applying the latest patches. That's why we chose this engineered system: so that we have a single vendor we can contact easily.

Initial Setup:

For setup, we had a consultant come in. They trained us initially and helped us with the set up. Then, after that, we started working on everything.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It's very costly.

Other Advice:

I would suggest going with the product, but again it depends on the application, the budgeting and all that. The budget for the application depends on how critical the application is. If it's really critical and revenue generating, then I'll recommend going with this product. But if it is not so critical, then I'll recommend going with something is less costly.

Mainly, we already had experience with the Oracle database and that's why we chose this one.

Technical support is one of the things we look for in a vendor, because any issue we get we want to get a response as soon as possible. We also consider the stability of the product.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Oracle Exadata?

Our experts can help. 209,588 professionals have used our research on 5,564 solutions.