Oracle Exalogic [EOL] Review

It provides a standard approach to monitoring and troubleshooting.

What is most valuable?

InfiniBand (internal Exalogic network) minimizes any network outages. Exalogic has a very speedy and stable connection to Exadata (DB server) via InfiniBand. This feature is vital for products such as Oracle Fusion SOA Suite that heavily depend on DB speed and stability.

Scalability: We can easily and out of the box upgrade any domain.

How has it helped my organization?

• Standard approach for monitoring and troubleshooting
  • Less time spent on troubleshooting, as there is almost no fallout of lost messages
  • Number of non-completed requests decreased significantly due to the stable internal network

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to dynamically size the virtual servers. Today, this requires a full reboot.

I have been using it for three years.

Not anymore. Several months ago, we had some stability issues but, following patches delivered by Oracle, the machines are very stable.

Technical support is 7/10.

We used to work with VMware farms. Due to network issues and resource starvation under heavy load, we were exposed to significant support from operational teams for the non-completed and lost transactions.

As far as my colleague and I recall, no other option was considered, because Oracle “gave us an offer, we couldn’t refuse”. J

The box required design that was done mostly by Oracle; it was complex, and the implementation of the first machine took about four months with extended Oracle support.

License costs depend on your business relationship with Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

The product is good but complex, and requires extensive internal knowledge to build it up and support.

More Oracle Exalogic [EOL] reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle SuperCluster
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Dell EMC, IBM and others in Converged Infrastructure. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.