Oracle GoldenGate Review

Transforms data in real-time from one database to many or from many to one

What is our primary use case?

The primary usage of the product is to transform data from one database to another, for an application.

How has it helped my organization?

If you have one environment that is for some application and it has a lot of data, and you need this information not only for the application but also for a warehouse - to do some analytics later - you just transform all that data to the warehouse and then you can work with it.

What is most valuable?

You can put data together from a few databases into one database or the other way, from one database into several. It transforms data in real-time. In my experience, it is able to transform a large amount of data within a few seconds.

What needs improvement?

I would like it to be simplified, easier to manage.

This is the tricky part. It's stable but you have to know how to maintain it. That's why it's not 10 out of 10 for me. There are some bugs, there are some issues here and there. All of a sudden your process is not working and you have to figure out why, and sometimes it's not so clear.

Maybe they can simplify it. You learn the tool, you learn how to work with it. Now we have a very stable environment but it took like a few months until it became stable.

You have scalability. If you have a database and you have all sorts of objects inside and you want to transform them, you can add more objects.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle GoldenGate, of course.

More Oracle GoldenGate reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
Learn what your peers think about Oracle GoldenGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.