Oracle HCM Cloud Review

​Its integrated modules, such as for payroll, allow for more seamless business processes.

What is most valuable?

The payroll module.

How has it helped my organization?

Its integrated modules allow for more seamless business processes.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is not conducive to high volume data entry.

I've been using it for 16 years.

The biggest issue with the latest release is specifically with implementing the payroll module. It has had some issues with local taxes, and it didn’t calculate taxes at all for Pennsylvania or Ohio.

None, as it’s pretty stable. Being hosted by Oracle, the uptime is pretty good.

No issues encountered.

8/10. As an implementer at one of their premier partners, and knowing the people I know at Oracle, I get pretty good customer service. If we need to escalate an issue we can typically go straight to someone in development.

6/10. They sometimes have difficulty accurately troubleshooting issues.

No, I’ve always worked with Oracle.

It’s complex. That’s what keeps me employed – there’s a whole industry of consultants who are implementing Oracle. It is complex to configure.

I am the implementation partner, so I do the implementations.

Here’s the one thing – don’t let Oracle tell you to implement something just because they threw it into the purchase to sweeten the deal. All too often, I see customers where, during the negotiations for the licensing, Oracle will throw in such and such module – like Oracle time and labor – and the customer feels obligated to implement it, when they don’t really need it as maybe they already have a good in-house solution.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that your systems integrator-partner knows the product

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an implementation partner for Oracle. We are also a customer of Oracle because we use Oracle EPS internally. We’re both customers and implementers.
1 Comment
author avatarTim Warner
TOP 5LEADERBOARDReal User

I know this article is from 2015, but I concur with many of the answers which are still relevant in 2017. I too am an Oracle Cloud implementor, and the key thing in an implementation of this type is that your implementation partner should really know the product inside out. It's all about what you can configure, not what you can 'customise'. From a customer perspective, make sure you have a knowledgeable partner and listen to them!