What is most valuable?
It is designed in such way that end users can do their jobs without knowing much technical details. Most of the functions can be handled by an analyst, which in turn, removes the dependency on the IT department. This makes the user self-driven and ultimately increases user satisfaction and human productivity.
How has it helped my organization?
- Collaboration was never so easy. The collaboration of activities in Fusion HCM are much more instinctive as compared to Oracle EBS (anther ERP from Oracle, on which Oracle HCM Cloud is based).
- Fusion HCM is synchronous with human behavior.
- It helps to identify potential talent.
- Graphical and pictorial presentations of team performance tracking and the employee directory allows goal allocation.
What needs improvement?
The payroll part of the product requires more changes, which I feel are already in the future release of the product.
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for over three years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How was the initial setup?
Implementation is straightforward, provided the implementor has an HR process and legislation-specific knowledge. There are a few Oracle propriety tools and techniques that one has to learn and apply throughout the implementation.
HCM Cloud is built on the latest robust middleware "Fusion Middleware". It includes all great features that come from PeopleSoft, EBS, JDE, Sibel, Hyperion, Taleo etc.
Easy to learn from technical and functional point of view.
What about the implementation team?
We have done our first ever implementation of Payroll and Absence module with over 10,000 people in North America. My advice is to keep yourself up to date with the product and attend the training that Oracle offers.
What was our ROI?
Return on investment is always a major consideration when making an investment in your company. Here are some key best practices for HCM solutions that you can utilize to increase your return on investment and lower risks:
- Identify your HR processes, and select a complete HCM solution: You need to determine the HCM capabilities that are required and their interaction with each other to maximize business. The key is to understand the interaction of the related HCM processes in different modules and select an HCM solution that allows you to deliver a complete solution without starting a new process at every turn.
- Identify the integration points with other non-HCM applications and solutions: You need to take into account the standard integration of HCM modules with other applications like, Procure-to-pay, Project Accounting, and Internet Expenses etc. For instance sharing the HR position hierarchies for procure-to-pay workflow processes ensures that the procurement managers making purchases are managers with the appropriate authority to make the types of purchases they are making. Considering the need for these integrations will reduce ongoing technical costs and enable greater automated workflow from the solutions implemented.
- Identify international scalability and data ownership compliances: You need to ensure availability, redundancy and performance at all global locations by taking into account the global scalability feature of the HCM solutions. For instance, Multi language support ensures that the managers don't need to maintain separate systems and will help bring together key processes and data thus maximizing business results. Data privacy norms, which differ by country, needs to be considered and long term control of data should be maintained.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an Oracle preferred HCM implementation company, as well as a Platinum Partner with them. We have a very strong relationship with the support, development, and management teams.
Jun 14 2017