Oracle HCM Cloud Review

It allows us to consolidate all of our HR functions onto one platform. Whenever Oracle provides a new release, they will overlay certain customizations that you have.

What is most valuable?

It allows us to consolidate all of our HR functions onto one platform. That's really the big selling point and value proposition for us -- the consolidation.

How has it helped my organization?

We have just one platform from which to work instead of multiple vendors for HCR. This increases the overall ease of maintaining the HCR system.

What needs improvement?

One of the challenges that we've discovered is that for some things like report modifications, whenever Oracle provides a new release, they will overlay certain customizations that you have. And then it becomes a real hassle to re-customize for our needs. There's got to be a better way.

We've been using Golds and just started using Compensation. We're about to roll into a project to implement HCM. So we've used it for about a year now.

We've had no issues with deployment.

In terms of instability, we've had issues with the application being unavailable a few times, especially during our end-of-year cycle.

We haven't had to scale it yet, but it sounds like it would be easy.

It seems to me that Oracle prefers to deal with clients completely through their SR management system and sometimes avoid personal contact. Sometimes you need a phone call. As a customer, you need to know that you can get a phone call if you need a phone call.

We use SuccessFactor's product for goals, succession, and performance, so we're coming off of those products. We wanted to consolidate everything into one.

I was involved with some of the initial requirements, but I don't have much to do with the modules that we're currently using in production.

What other advice do I have?

Think long and hard about it, and consider a product that will integrate with payroll easily. I think the advantages are the consolidation of the HCM and functionality. So far the challenges have been more along the lines of support.