What is most valuable?
- Business intelligence is integrated with the product.
- Gives real time information about employees and processes for managers.
- A self-service BI to key business users.
- Managers can have their analysis delivered in any way: Dashboard, table reports, analysis, charts, etc. with no development cost.
- Talent review (Nine Box) online: An HR specialist can manage their talent review meetings entirely within the system. This includes meeting planning, execution to management of action plans post-meeting.
- It is possible to change a person, add comments, add developments or performance goals, tasks, do a promotion, transfer, manage a salary or even perform termination. All this is done with no extra documents, Excel spreadsheets, or reports.
- All information is on one screen, available to the HR specialist or managers at the meeting to review and take the necessary action.
- Best fit analysis feature: Helps you to identify the correct position for the correct employee. You can visualize all gaps that you have in the current position or for the next level in your career. You can also compare two employees to see the difference between them or compare them to a specific position or job.
- If you are planning your succession plan, you can use this feature to check who is the most suitable for the position, comparing requirements for the position or comparing competencies, and skills and qualifications of the current employee in the position. All information that you gather in the sub-processes of HR goals, performance management, and development plan is available.
- Mobile and Social: This solution has a social network for your company where you can manage knowledge sharing and collaboration. Communities, chats, kudos, etc., can all be used to support your HR processes, such as goals and performance management. This can be done on your mobile device.
How has it helped my organization?
Before the solution implementation, our bonus compensation policy was based only on profit and loss results.
We believe that this approach is not the best. In the end, you put all your employees at the same level, increasing the difficulty in identifying talents and paying for performance.
We decided to implement a goals and competencies evaluation process. This will adjust bonuses according to performance. We define all relevant organization goals, give them a weight, and then design a process.
What needs improvement?
The recruiting process needs work. This is the only module that is provided by other applications and it is not integrated. You need to ask Oracle to "integrate" both applications. This is done with no additional cost, but it is still an outside application.
Although you can turn on the integration between them, it is a different application. You lose all the benefits provided by the integrated modules in Oracle HCM Cloud.
The recruiting solution standalone is a great tool for the recruiting processes. However, when you use it with the entire solution, you may experience some problems. This is the case, especially if you have a process that is a little bit more complex than the usual process.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using this solution since Version 5, in 2013.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
So far, no stability issues have been experienced.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
So far, no scalability issues have been experienced.
How are customer service and technical support?
I would give technical support a rating of 2/5. Despite having an SLA contract, the technical support is still terrible.
We have experienced some cases when implementing the solution for our customers, where a service request was created with Priority Level 1, Production. The problem took more than a month to be fixed. This is a service that definitely must be improved by Oracle.
Some examples that we experienced with technical support:
- Dumb questions such as "Did you press the button X to confirm?"
- Same requisitions by different people
- "Provide me with the 'how to' for the issue," but the 'how to' was already attached to the SR
- A conference call was scheduled and then cancelled 30 minutes before it was supposed to start.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We didn't use other solutions previously. We went straight to the Oracle HCM Cloud Solution.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup is pretty easy to do. It takes no more than a day to do it. If you have a simple process that fits with the solution proposition, then you can implement it pretty fast. Almost the whole setup is performed with step-by-step pages, which reduces the complexity. Day-by-day changes can be performed by a key user from the business with minimum training.
Of course, if your process is complex, the setup will be more complex.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Don't forget to include the implementation cost of an Oracle partner, and not only the subscription, in your cost benefits analysis. (Business plan, ROI, payback.)
On the other hand, the cost of maintenance, upgrade, infrastructure, and support is already included in your subscription.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We had the opportunity to work as a project manager of a SAP SuccessFactors projects for one of our customers. This introduced us to more details about the SAP Solution, not only as a competitor, but with customer’s eyes.
What other advice do I have?
Forget about customization. If you are looking for a solution that can be changed and tailored according your company business rules, don't go with this solution. Overall, this solution provides Human Resources sub-processes best practices and a large amount of flexibility to attend to a lot of business process requirements.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?