Oracle Hyperion Review
The ability to lock and send data is important. It could be improved with a better front end and user experience.

Valuable Features:

The ability to lock and send data as well as the flexibility of user security are two very important aspects of the product.

Improvements to My Organization:

The partitioning option between databases allows for users to enter data one time, versus copying data lots of times from one cube to another. This has saved hours of maintenance and eliminates data integrity issues between the cubes.

Room for Improvement:

The product could be improved with a better front end and user experience.

Use of Solution:

The solution has been in place for 12 years.

We currently use the product for Financial Reporting, and from a functionality perspective, I would rate the product an 8/10 (once you understand it). As an intuitive, user friendly, GUI application, I would rate it a 4/10.

Deployment Issues:

We have encountered no issues to date with deployment.

Stability Issues:

At one point, a data package had corrupted, causing our cube refreshes to fail. Having to restore from the backup but losing all the data inputs caused some business issues, but we were able to overcome them.

The Essbase engine does not start up automatically when the server reboots, causing users to log connection complaints.

Scalability Issues:

To date, we have had no issues with an increase in data by date, or as we get newer version.

Initial Setup:

The initial set up was complex, as we were actually migrating from version 9 to version 11. The upgrade version path was not clear, and it was easier to recreate it.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it in-house.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

We have a corporate global licensing agreement.

Other Advice:

Finding highly qualified technical consultants for this application is difficult. There are other products with a larger community available for support and development.