Oracle Hyperion Review

We've found it really useful as an add-on for the financial part of Excel because it's functionality is geared towards finance users. Oracle should have provided better documentation.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature in our experience is the user interface. We've found it really useful as an add-on for the financial part of Excel because it's functionality is geared towards finance users. Our finance users tend to like anything that can make their work inside Excel easier and more efficient.

Improvements to My Organization:

It empowers users to perform ad hoc analyses themselves rather than having to go to IT or somewhere else. That makes it much more efficient for our users to do their jobs because they have access to data analysis in front of them instead of having to find that information elsewhere.

Room for Improvement:

Oracle should have provided better documentation, and should update it more often. Right now, the documentation is not easy to understand and makes Hyperion that much less user-friendly.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deploying it.

Stability Issues:

I think that Hyperion is, traditionally, very complex. It always seems to be buggy to a degree. We're always finding something that doesn't work quite the way we want and expect. But in terms of overall stability, it's very stable.

Scalability Issues:

There are definitely certain limits. I'd say that it's not very scalable.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup wasn't not very straightforward. Installing Hyperion products requires a lot of effort and a lot of technical knowledge.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it with our in-house team.

Other Advice:

The product itself, right now, especially on the Hyperion planning side, is the industry leading software for what it does. Although it's buggy, I think that's as far as you can get on the enterprise solutions. This is way better than anything else out there.