Oracle Hyperion Review

Speed of data is the biggest key for our users.

Valuable Features

Speed of data is the biggest key for our users. The smart view application within Hyperion is very user friendly. Quick changes can be made on the fly and users getting the data that they need to make decisions.

Improvements to My Organization

I think that having it within Microsoft products as an add in makes it accessible around the clock. Someone could be working from home, log in, jump in see what their numbers are, see what their financials are, so it's a very good tool.

Room for Improvement

We're trying to push out a complete costing battle to the organization where it's going to impact finance, marketing, purchasing, inventory, across the board. That's the key feature that we want to start using and implement for better business decisions across the board. I don't think that we're effectively using the tool to the best of the ability yet. Right now we're good with Hyperion.

There hasn't been much down time, so that's a good thing. We can actually lock the users out easily so that when we're doing updates it's not impacting at a high level. Communication efforts are a lot easier that way, so it's a benefit.

As of today it is pretty scalable. We want to expand it out a bit so we came to the conference to get some additional information and we'll continue to use Hyperion moving forward.

The tech support end I don't directly deal with myself, we have someone else on our finance team who deals with those issues so I can't speak to that but as far as I know it's fine.

Other Advice

We don't know everything yet. We're happy with what we have. I think just have your requirements ready. Be as open as possible and open to new interfaces. It's a different view but it's very user friendly.