Oracle Identity Governance Review

Enables us to understand a customer's interests but it is missing a lot

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases are based on CIM to connect different applications. It's centralization identity for the use of the servers to give the passwords.

How has it helped my organization?

In the case of enterprise identity for the employee, the most important thing is the consolidation of access to the application no matter what the channel is that uses the application. It unifies the way we do authorization.

For big companies, that is a nightmare to administrate because we have a lot of security problems. With CIM, we connect the customers to a channel to using different portals and with that approach, we can understand the behavior of the customer.

What is most valuable?

The centralization of IDs and passwords is the most valuable feature. They provide different applications to use the authorization.

CIM is the most used feature. Customer Identity Management is a challenge that we are working on in our company and I think it's the star of the Identity Management space. With CIM we are using the same process in order to implement it to the customer.

Understanding what a customer is using, what they are looking for, and allowing permissions is a challenge. We use the information we get in order to understand the behavior of the customer beyond the security and to understand what they have been doing in the last month. It's a nice way to understand what is attracting the customer and what they are clicking. That could be implemented by using this kind of application.

What needs improvement?

Our issues with the solution have to do with the integration with different applications. It's not easy to connect ICAO to this kind of product. It would be better to work on the extensions of the adapters for this kind of identity management solution in order to not put in the code in the product.

I have the same problem every time I implement it. It's challenging to connect different applications that are not perfect or modern. It's important to connect everything. This is an area for improvement.

Synchronizing passwords between Active Directory and Oracle is very complex because the process is not so easy. I have a lot of problems.

I have been using Oracle Identity Governance for ten years.

The stability is not a challenge. It depends on the size of the company. If we have one million users, it could be a challenge. But if you have up to 10,000 users, it's not a problem at all.

You need to tune a lot because it's not a simple task. The product is not for everybody.I

When you get people from San Francisco, the support is okay. The problem is with the partners. In Latam, the support isn't so good.

It could certainly be less expensive. There are a lot of components. Normal licensing is a real nightmare. Oracle should make things easier for the customer to understand.

What other advice do I have?

With Oracle, you could do something for a million people but you need to make sure to do it right which isn't so easy. You need people and partners from Oracle for help. It's a good product but even good products need people to implement and maintain them especially during migration. You need senior people to help.

I would recommend Oracle for a large implementation.

My advice would be to solve the integration problem. Solve the way they interact when information is distributed. Properly distribute the customer's information. Understand that it is very difficult to implement. Make sure to understand the application and understand the legalities of the country that you're working in.

Most people start in the last stage. They pay a lot of money and the process could take three to four years. They pay a lot of money but don't use the product as a service. The problem is inexperience.

I would rate Oracle Identity Governance a six out of ten. There is a lot missing. If it's not missing, it's complex. If you want to implement something, you won't end up doing it because it's too complex or expensive.

More Oracle Identity Governance reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SailPoint IdentityIQ
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, SailPoint, ForgeRock and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.