Oracle Identity Governance Review

It's a complex product and it runs a bit slower than its competitors but it does automate user creation.

What is most valuable?

Automated User Creation and provisioning of connected resources in the case of Identity Manager, Access control to protected web resources with regards to Oracle Access Manager.

How has it helped my organization?

OIM eliminates the need for manual creation of users and assigning of various resources. It reduces the time needed for onboarding new users.

What needs improvement?

The management of workflows could use some improvement as well as the overall performance of the product. Because this is such a complex product, we find that it runs a bit slower than its competitors.

I have used the Oracle products for 7 years. I have experience with both the 10g and 11g versions of the product.

Yes we encountered a lot of issues with deployment due to the fact that we are a highly customized environment.

No, this has not been much of an issue for us.

No this has not been much of an issue for us. The product scales quite well with the size of our user base.

The customer service for the product is satisfactory.

The level of tech support could use some improvement.

We did use a different product before going to Oracle and we made the switch due to lack of support for the other product.

The setup was complex due to too many customized provisioning workflows within our organization.

We implemented the product through a partner of the vendor. Their expertise was what we expected.

Yes, we evaluated both Sun Identity Manager, and CA Identity Manger.

What other advice do I have?

I would say this is a good product but some time would have to be spent in planning and learning.