Oracle Identity Governance Review

It's very complicated to set up. The product does exactly what we'd expect it to do, but it took us a long time to get there.

Valuable Features:

We use Identity Management primarily within our installation of E-Business Suite. Identity Management gives us the ability for people who use Oracle Application Manager to login using their standard network username and password.

Improvements to My Organization:

We are a pharmaceutical company. We use E-Business Suite and Identity Manager to bind into E-Business Suite. That gives us the ability to carry out an e-signature so that we can track and trace anything going on, or what's going on in the database base, back to what user signed for a particular step in a manufacturing sequence, and when they signed for it. So with Single-Sign On, we can basically audit each step of a particular piece of manufacturing, who carried out the step, and when they carried out the step.

Room for Improvement:

Identity Manager is very complicated to set up. I guess where that comes from I believe, is we use it to buy into LDAP, and Microsoft and Oracle don't get on a corporate level, so it's going to be very difficult for them to get onto a software level, making it very, very complicated to set up. Now, we did eventually get there and the product does exactly what we'd expect it to do, but it took us a long time to get there.

Deployment Issues:

Deploying it was difficult for the initial setup because it was complex. After that, we've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

It's very stable. We haven't had any issues with instability that were big.

Scalability Issues:

It's scaled just fine for our needs.

Initial Setup:

We use Oracle Linux and WebLogic, and Identity Management, giving us a High Availability level that we're using with the Oracle Access Manager solution. Those 3 products in the stack -- the OS, the middleware, and then the Identity Management software to go into the middleware -- was such a complicated process to set up. I think Oracle should have provided some sort of flow chart or guide to get these products installed faster and configured in such a way that you are comfortable.