Oracle Identity Governance Review

Valuable Features:

There are many valuable features, most notably Single Sign-On, Identity Management, and Identity Connector Framework, which can be implemented to provision with diverse interfaces.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has assisted us with UI customization, as well as connecting to other frameworks using the OSB (Oracle Service Bus) and Custom Connectors.

Room for Improvement:

The product requires improvements for UI customization with the current sandbox. Many people prefer that sandbox be removed from the product, as it has caused major challenges with wide implementations. Another improvement would be to provide the user-friendly option of replicating out-of-the-box attributes.

Use of Solution:

This solution has been successfully implemented and managed for the past 3+ years.

Stability Issues:

Deployment of sandbox is a major concern, as its stability was underprivileged if implemented with multiple sandboxes from different out-of-sync locations.

Scalability Issues:

Scalability is reduced if the load increases above approximately 100,000.

I would rate this a 7. Since they have wider support level every 12 hours, a service request might change to different time zone. Therefore the same request must be provided again to the new support assistance.

Previous Solutions:

No comment. I personally was not involved during the initial phase.

Initial Setup:

I personally was not involved during the initial phase.

Implementation Team:

It was an in-house implementation. Full re-testing will be required if the implementation involves a sandbox and we need to have eyes on the request page labels post-implementation.

Other Advice:

I recommend for people to wait for the new version, in which the concept of a sandbox will be removed.

I rate the product a 7. The product provides good out-of-the-box functionality, and Oracle provides fair technical support, but the product does have its drawbacks. Performance is bad, and tuning must be performed by Oracle, which will take time. Customization of the product’s existing features is not user-friendly.