Oracle Identity Governance Review

It enforces policies around maintaining identities and expiration. It is cumbersome to deploy; there are multiple layers in terms of trying to get it to work.

What is most valuable?

It brings centralized management of all the identities for the E-Business Suite; that's the central feature.

How has it helped my organization?

It streamlines the management of users, and it also provides compliance, in terms of the policies around maintaining identities, expiration, and so on.

What needs improvement?

It is cumbersome to deploy; there are multiple layers in terms of trying to get it to work; and they're also limited in terms of the number of products it can integrate with.

As far as deployment being cumbersome, I think it's just the nature of the product. For the version that we have, you need to have your own directory services or ID on top of that. Then you have to integrate it to Active Directory; that's another layer. Even the number of different products, packaged in terms of, "Do you want to do provisioning, or are you just looking to do authentication and authorization?"; all that mix is really difficult to configure.

It's very stable. Now, we do have it deployed with some high availability options on the back end, and we have multiple app servers, and that combination is very stable.

It scales well, because you can add more nodes. You can scale it vertically as well as horizontally.

I would give technical support an average score; it could be improved, it could be much better. I think it takes a long time to get to the issue resolution. You end up supplying the same information multiple times.

It's best to bring in a consultant who understands all the nuances, because of the difficulties with initial implementation. Once successfully deployed, is a fairly stable and easy to maintain, but that initial implementation is a high wall to scale for it to be successful.

We didn't look at other options because the Oracle product, at the time, was the only product that can fully integrate with Oracle E-Business Suite and manage those identities.