Oracle Identity Governance Review

Helps us to define roles and get people to specific tasks. It is hard to implement due to the security that we have to manage.

What is most valuable?

The solution helps us to define roles and get people to specific tasks. From this point of view, it is an amazing tool.

What needs improvement?

It is really hard to implement Oracle Data Manager because we have a lot security that we need to manage. We have a lot of security, so it is a bit difficult to implement, but it is still a good product.

In Canada, we have some difficulty in getting training about this. They ask for at least five people in a class and we only have three people in our team. It's impossible to get the training. We register in Ottawa, but sometimes the class is canceled because we do not have enough people to take the course.

We are learning a lot about the cloud, and I think that a cloud feature is being added this year. I am learning how the clouds can be used and the possibilities of using it. It's good for me to learn about these features.

We had some down time during the first release. We want to go to the next release. I spoke with the guys over there. It seems that it's easy to push the data that already exists in the new release. We will see. I think there will be more stability. We need to try.

The scalability depends on what you need to manage, the security needs, and the quantity of people.

I was not working on the installation. I'm just working on the part of development of plug-ins and doing Java because I am one of the Java developers. The installation does not seem too bad. I know some guys who are working to build it and put Java in place on all the servers and on all the connectors.

What other advice do I have?

I'm new at this, but I know that the tool is working. I'm not sure if the problems are coming from us or from the implementation itself. We need to balance the complexity versus the quantity of users and the way that we manage all the connectors.