Oracle Identity Governance Review

Helps provision required accesses through policies, though there were setup complications

How has it helped my organization?

The ability to customize operations, unlike other products like Tivoli and, perhaps, NetIQ. I think Oracle Identity Manager provides a lot of flexibility to customize solutions, especially in the field of organizations, where you have X amount of applications to manage.

What is most valuable?

It basically manages the identity and lifecycle of every user in the organization. It helps provision the required accesses through policies, approvals, and whatever would be the business requirement. That's the most beneficial feature of this tool.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more segregation managed through Oracle Identity Manager.

Yes. Every product has its drawbacks, and this one too has some stability issues. For these, either you could follow regular performance tuning, patch a bridge, or maybe use ESLs with Oracle.

It seems scalable. My client has 30,000 applications and I think a lot of them are already using this tool. I remember putting in an application where 20,000 entities needed to be onboarded and it managed itself.

My contacts with them have been very poor in terms of resolution and complication. I would not give them more than a five out of 10.

No, I did not.

It was straightforward. One or two complications. Some were resolved, some were not resolved, and some were self-resolved. So I would not say I'm entirely happy.

Not really. I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a large scale organization, then this is the right product because it gives you a lot of opportunities to do customization and custom development. These are very much required when you have a big organization with different kinds of applications; some which are outdated, some which may not get the required support in the market.

I think their latest version has actually improved this product a lot in terms of functionality, performance, and features. There are some features the new release has which our old customers were looking forward to.