Oracle Identity Manager (Oracle IAM) Review
Good solution for mid and large level organizations for reducing total cost of ownership

Valuable Features

Provisioning, Reconciliation, Identity Connector Framework, Sandbox Customization, Access Request Processing, SOA Integration for Approval Processes

Room for Improvement

Licensing

Use of Solution

4 years

Oracle documentation provides comprehensive information about everything from development to deployment. If you follow the steps correctly, you won't have any issues. In case you miss some steps, you will get a fair amount of knowledge from the diagnostic logging.

No. The product is very stable.

No. The product provides a scalable enterprise identity management solution.

There is a huge community of Oracle Identity Managers from individual blogs to Oracle forums. You will be able to solve most of the issues with the help of this community. I never needed to interact with the technical team but I am not sure about others.

I have been using Oracle Identity Manager ever since I started working. I have not tried any other products.

I would say the initial setup was not very complex. The installation, design, development and deployment are all documented very well. Initially you will need to follow each and every step and later on you will understand why all those steps were necessary.

Other Advice

Oracle Identity Manager is a highly flexible and scalable enterprise identity management solution that is designed to administer user access privileges across a company's resources throughout the identity management life cycle, from initial on-boarding to final de- provisioning of an identity.

1 Comment

it_user3876ConsultantPOPULAR

You mentioned you are looking for improvement in licensing. Can you please tell me what type of improvement you want while purchasing the license of this product?

01 June 14