Oracle Identity Governance Review

The provision and deprovisioning means its more secure. The Design console is a bit dated and complicated to use when in development.

Valuable Features:

Connectors and the ability to provision and reconcile information. We can remove all access in one hit, but also easily provision a user with accounts all from one place.

Improvements to My Organization:

The provision and deprovisioning means its more secure, less administration is required, and all the information about an identity is stored in one place. It saves costs of having to administer a user in every area or application.

Room for Improvement:

The Design console is a bit dated and complicated to use when in development. It’s the biggest issue out there for all Oracle OIM developers who want to develop connectors (custom). Also, they need more easy to understand guides on how to use the API’s within OIM to create notifications or event handlers. I have been on a development course and this is still an area I struggle with. If we had a better understanding of the dev side of things we would do so much more with this product.

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

We have had no issues with the stability.

Scalability Issues:

It's scaled for our needs.

Other Advice:

It’s a difficult product to fully understand but with time will become a lot easier to use. I have only used Oracle so I cannot compare it with other products.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a well established partner.