Oracle Integration Cloud Service Review

User-friendly, easy to customize, and good integration with other prodcuts

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we integrate Oracle solutions for our customers. The Oracle Cloud Integration Cloud Service is one of the platforms that we are now working with, in collaboration with a local company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of customization.

The interface is user-friendly and easy to work with. There are only three of us in the company who are using it, and we are able to complete projects for enterprise-level customers. There is no need to hire between twenty and fifty people to get the job done.

Oracle integrates well with other products.

What needs improvement?

Our client was quite concerned about the cost, which is something that could be reduced.

Having more documentation about different use cases and test cases would be helpful when it comes to integration.

I have been working with Oracle products for more than ten years, but I have only been using this solution since last year. It has only been within the past six months that our customers started using the Integration Cloud Service.

It has been stable to this point, although we have not yet done our performance testing. This is something that is scheduled to take place within the coming month. All of our initial tests indicate that there are no big issues and we are happy with the stability.

Scalability has not yet been an issue for us in this project.

Within our group, there are three people who are using the product. Once it goes live, there will be a knowledge transfer to a group of support people. There are approximately eight to ten people in that group.

Some of the technology is still quite new, so we have run into some challenges. At this point, I would rate the support a five or six out of ten. There are some things that it takes Oracle a while to understand. Also, integration is a touchy point and it takes a while to get it sorted out. We did get it all up and running but it took time to make sure that it was stable.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. You've got the manuals and the guides to help.

For this client, we brought the initial system up in about half a day. However, because of client's business, we turned on certain security features and completed an end-to-end solution. This took about three days in total.

As consultants, we are overseeing the implementation of the whole project.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it. My advice to anybody who is implementing Oracle Integration Cloud Service is to attend oracle University for training or at least some seminars before getting started. It is best to have some level of preparation. There is a lot of planning and discussion that takes place prior to implementation.

Overall, we are pretty happy with the product.

Other
More Oracle Integration Cloud Service reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Integration Cloud Service. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.