Oracle Integration Cloud Service Review

A stable solution that provides the ease of promotion and connection management and has a number of pre-built connectors

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator, and Oracle Integration Cloud Service is one of the solutions we work with. We also work with other vendor solutions such as Apache Camel. We provide solutions depending on the environment and preferences of our customers.

I am basically connecting a number of backend systems or creating the API backends for shipping, e-commerce, and ERP integrations. There are a number of use cases, such as product price updates to e-commerce, pricing and inventory information, ERP backend, and e-commerce front end.

What is most valuable?

It has a number of pre-built connectors. Its flow designer is also valuable.

It provides the ease of promotion between environments and the ease of connection management. It is also stable and easy to scale and deploy.

What needs improvement?

It lacks configurable time-outs on connections. Configurable time-outs is an important nonfunctional property that it is currently missing. I have also written about it in an article, and I have also submitted some enhancement requests.

Its visual designer could be a bit more responsive. It would also be good to get more XSLT editing capabilities.

I have been using this solution since late 2018.

It is a stable solution, but the caveat is that it also depends on the applications deployed on it. At a normal level, it is very stable, apart from the time-out problem that can be worked around.

It is easy to scale.

I work for a customer, and he has other vendors with a support team of more than ten people. Oracle also provided the support, and I would rate them a seven out of ten.

I have also used Apache Camel. Oracle Integration Cloud Service does not have customizations as Apache Camel, but it is easier to use than Apache Camel. It is a balance or trade-off between ease of use and higher productivity versus greater customizability.

The initial setup was very straightforward. One can be productive very quickly.

It has different licensing models. The most upfront and most transparent is the pay-as-you-go model. It also has a certain messages-per-hour limit. There is a certain amount that is charged per hour, and a certain number of messages are included in it, which you can scale up as you go. Its licensing is very competent and easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle Integration Cloud Service a nine out of ten. It basically works.

Other

More Oracle Integration Cloud Service reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Integration Cloud Service. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.