Oracle Integration Cloud Service Review

We are currently doing PoCs to learn it and move into the new cloud environment.

Valuable Features

We are seeing the benefits, it's a digital transformation. It's a real paradigm shift for many customers. It's important for every company to move forward with cloud services, especially all the services provided by Oracle; absolutely amazing.

Room for Improvement

I think it's now going through some changes. More and more customers have started adapting. That's where we know how it can fit into different segments of the market. They started introducing at a very decent pace. I think as they start expanding it worldwide, more and more customers will discover the gaps in the product. It's more of the fitment. The companies installing the Oracle cloud will start understanding how to do the gap fit analysis. That is the key, from what I understand.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for the last four months. We are currently doing PoCs. We have a sales team. We are trying to learn it ourselves and then move into the new cloud environment. Gone are the days where we were just sitting and doing databases. We are getting into cloud services more. First, we are making ourselves more acute with knowledge. Then, we bring in the customer's thoughts on the same page and make them experience all the different services provided by Oracle.

We are an Oracle partner, so we are promoting cloud services with all of our clients. The first goal for us is to bring in all the data and then do a PoC for the customer. Then, we'd want to do the real integration, an integration that I can do by myself; that would make me feel more comfortable. I want to start promoting my own company versus my partnership company. That's what I'm looking for.
With the integration cloud service, I am a beginner. I do see they are providing some really amazing services. Once I'm more comfortable with it, then I will rate it higher.

It is stable; we are already seeing its stability.

It is scalable.

Their technical support is great. We're a diamond partner for Oracle. Their support services are amazing. They're knowledgeable and responsive; 10 out of 10.

Other Advice

Especially regarding Oracle Cloud, go with it. The shift which we need to do towards the cloud is, at one stage, if you're not adapting to it, I think you are late for the bus. That's my opinion.

When I select a vendor to work with, the very first thing I look at is the cost. The cost is what is driving the entire industry. I know everyone is increasingly becoming very sensitive to the cost. The second thing is the service, the customer service. As a vendor, I bring up some critical issues. I do look for them to be a partner and see how fast they solve my issue; that is very important, because any disruption to the customer is not good. That actually has some implications on their business. We need to zero down and make it more simplistic.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is an Oracle Diamond Partner.