Oracle Integration Cloud Service Review

Featured great file utilities but lacked proper support and resources

What is our primary use case?

We had a lot of integration between our On-Premise Systems and the Oracle ERP Cloud. We used it in that context.

What is most valuable?

The adapter was pretty useful. The visualization tool was pretty useful, too. Drag and drop features — those are pretty good. In general, there were a lot of great utilities for working with files.

We were using this solution, but we recently stopped using it four months ago.

This solution was fairly stable. We never had any issues with it.

We used to face some issues when we tried to connect to the Oracle ERP Cloud. When we were trying to run a job on the ERP Cloud site, when the integration was complete, the job on the Cloud would still be running. We couldn't completely monitor the execution of that integration. There were instances when the integration finished, and at the end of the retry count, the thing was still running — the job on the ERP Cloud site was still running.

Because of this, we had to keep pulling the job on the ERP Cloud site to find out if it was finished or not; but you can't keep doing that forever. We would retry and after five attempts, we would find out that the job was still running. We just had to report back saying that the job was still running on the ERP Cloud site. There was no way of knowing whether a job was completed successfully or not — unless we logged into the Oracle ERP Cloud and checked the status of a particular job.

The support and resources were lacking — they weren't there. Coming from an AWS background, the difference between Oracle Support and the resources and support of AWS was like night and day.

Although I wasn't involved in the initial setup, I know it's fairly straightforward. I've done it in one of the classes that I've taken, but when I came to this company, it was already set up. It's quite straightforward; you just need to specify the compartment and where you would like to install it.

What other advice do I have?

When comparing AWS to the Oracle Cloud, I don't see an equivalent platform. There is no ESB as such currently on AWS. AWS has a lot of other services like a queuing service, national servers, SQL Servers, etc. If you want to integrate with Oracle and SAS applications, then this is a pretty good solution. On the flip side, OIC has a limited number of resources, including support — there are just one or two courses to go by. I wasn't happy with the instructions that we received and the number of materials and resources; it made it hard for us to learn how to properly use it.

All things considered, it's a fairly good platform. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle Integration Cloud Service a rating of seven. If they improved the amount of support and resources available, I would give them a higher rating.

More Oracle Integration Cloud Service reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Integration Cloud Service. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.