Oracle Integration Cloud Service Review

Good mapping, very user friendly, and easy to maintain

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for integration with SAP, for its specs and factors and for integration with Oracle applications.

What is most valuable?

Everything related to the mapping is valuable. It's visual, design-wise when compared to other solutions that I used to use.

It's very easy to get started on the solution. It's also easy to maintain, scale, and integrate according to cost factors.

The solution is very user-friendly in terms of identifying the orchestration and targets, and associates when mapping.

What needs improvement?

The solution could benefit from using things like AI and machine learning. For example, with certain orchestration fails it would be helpful to look at them as a way to either terminate or re-issue or restart the whole process again.

Oracle-based automation blueprints for the majority of the integrations would be helpful to have in a future release.

There are some default recommendations that shouldn't be done in some of the firewall integrations. At the end of the day, I don't use the product straight out of the box. Some of the finer integrations have problems like looping or standard patterns that we will have to integrate with Windows and Linux right away.

It would be helpful if Oracle could provide one quick deployment method.

The solution needs to provide good oversight over the entire integration platform, with more analytic capabilities.

I've been using the solution for six years.

The solution is stable. However, they should allow for the deployment of multiple agents so that I can read and take one from another region if one region goes down. That way, it can fall back on another and there won't be any issues. Therefore, in terms of the product's capabilities, it's both there and not in terms of stability.

Although the solution is fairly easy to scale, we're using the latest version which is available on OCI, and scalability should be addressed. I believe Oracle is still working on this. At the moment I think, probably small, medium integrations are good. Bigger integrations could be developed, though availability and progressive recovery are not in place yet. We have about 7,000 people on the solution. Scalability is mission critical for us at this point. The entire company utilizes it and it is integrated with critical solutions like SAP and HTML output factors.

I'd say technical support is a little above average, however, it's something that Oracle could work to improve.

In terms of the initial setup, it's very easy. Only the deployment gets really complex. You have to write items in without correcting the integration with the Cloud. It's a bit challenging. It would be helpful if they allowed for an implementation where there's an ability to write some pieces, or Java scripts, which would be helpful.

We have a team of three people, who are actually looking after integrations and maintenance, and we have a partner who we rely on at times to add new functionality or design elements.

What other advice do I have?

We mostly use the public cloud deployment model, but it depends on the requirements of the client.

I'd advise others that they need to be really clear on what integrations they need and the complexity of the integrations their client requires. As long as users identify the source target systems and the integration pattern that they would like to put in place, they will be fine. This needs to be the first step, so users may need a longer implementation phase. It would help provide a quicker outcome for them if they put the work in upfront.

Those implementing the solution need to ensure they have the right partner with the right skillsets.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Oracle Integration Cloud Service reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Integration Cloud Service. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.