Oracle Java Cloud Service Review

Domain backup and recovery, applying and undoing patches, are easy and fast

What is our primary use case?

We are running different applications with different development technology on Oracle Java Cloud Service.

As for technologies, we are running both Oracle Forms applications and Oracle ADF applications on Oracle JCS. These applications are human resources management systems, accounting, portfolio management systems, and document management systems. All these systems are developed in-house and all of them are integrated with Oracle Documents Cloud Service in a way that the documents are linked to the database records and the user can access the document related to the transaction.

How has it helped my organization?

We are working in a "hot" region. Most Middle East countries have conflicts and wars. We are able to move from one country to another one, so this solution gives us availability. We can access our database and application any time, anywhere at no additional cost.

What is most valuable?

Backing up and recovery for my domain are very easy and fast. In addition, applying patches and undoing applied patches is effective and easy to do.

What needs improvement?

The product is satisfactory but we need more training on managing the machine itself. For example, how do we add more storage, how do we extend a specific portion? I would like to see videos illustrating some of the technical tasks that we often need to do.

Three to five years.

What other advice do I have?

The product is very good, fine-tuned, and stable. Support is available 24/7 and is really fast and effective. However, it is somewhat expensive, so I rate it at eight out of 10.