Oracle Java Mission Control Review

It helps our application developers to improve performance in future releases of the applications they are working on.

What is most valuable?

Java Flight Recorder (JFR) to collect and save detailed performance characteristics for historic analysis and profiling.

How has it helped my organization?

This product gives us detailed information about real time JVM and performance data when we do detail after incident analysis. It help us to improve application performance by providing us with the CPUs that are using a large amount of application classes and methods by name. This helps our application developers to improve performance in future releases of the applications they are working on.

What needs improvement?

It requires fewer clicks and drill down screens to reach actual data, or a more user friendly way to search for data.

I have been using this product for over 10 years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

We had no issues with the performance.

It has been able to scale for our needs.

9/10

I have always used this product.

In my experience, the initial setup is simple and straightforward. After the initial setup it is very easy to start using.

We implemented it in-house.

Starting with the release of Oracle JDK 7 Update 40 (7u40), Java Mission Control is bundled with the HotSpot JVM.

What other advice do I have?

Java Mission Control will help you to improve the performance of your existing systems and perform detailed incident root cause analysis.