Oracle Linux Review

We wanted to move to a Linux operating system for our backend servers, and we used Oracle Linux to do that.

Valuable Features

The stability and security of the product is at the top of its class. These features are really the most valuable for us in our experience with it.

Improvements to My Organization

We wanted to move to a Linux operating system for our backend servers, and we used Oracle Linux to successfully do that.

Room for Improvement

We would like Oracle to add more functionality in terms of the GUI. There are more things we'd like to be able to do straight from the GUI itself.

Use of Solution

We used this solution as a prerequisite for deployment of a Keyword driven Automation Framework (Oracle Flow Builder).

There were no issues with the deployment.

The stability was great. We haven't had any issues with instability.

We had no issues scaling it for our needs.

Customer service has been good in our experience.

Technical support has been good in our experience.

The initial setup was complex in a Linux environment compared to setting up on a Windows OS.

Implementation Team

We implemented it through our own in-house team.

ROI

Since it is open source, you'll have a great ROI.

Other Solutions Considered

We had previously tried Red Hat Linux but stuck with Oracle Linux for our installation of other native Oracle products.

Other Advice

My advice would be to follow instructions and have a Linux technician at hand. You could try to install it in a sandbox before using it in a production machine.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is an Oracle Partner.