Oracle Network Cloud Service Review

Excellent support but it is a costly solution

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is banking.

What needs improvement?

The solution is working okay. But we are facing issues with the network because in our country, Yemen, we have some trouble. The country is very crazy because of the war we have. So, we are facing issues with the network. Most of the customers complain about the network communicating with the Cloud.

We went with the Oracle solution for Interconnect because they are the preferred solution for that. But it is very unstable and the customer refuses to deal with it. They cannot do anything because Oracle recommends a stable network but we do not have that.

I have been working with Oracle Network Cloud Service for two years.

I also have not had any issues with the stability.

I have not had any issues with the scalability.

I think the Oracle team is very good. Excellent.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone looking into this solution is that they should have a stable network. I would also advise going with the hybrid. I mean they should have a better filter, a local-level filter, and they should have Cloud access.

I would rate the Oracle database and Oracle technology a ten out of ten. But the Oracle Network Cloud Service I would rate a four out of ten because of the price, it is expensive.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Skytap, Lumen Technologies and others in Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS). Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.