Oracle NoSQL Review

One of the most valuable features is the easy integration with OEP for event streaming.

Valuable Features

• Velocity
  • Full Java control
  • Big Data
  • Scalability
  • Easy integration with OEP for event streaming

Improvements to My Organization

With Oracle NoSQL, our clients have a highly scalable, simple to set up database that performs very well when data is organized correctly from the beginning.

Room for Improvement

I would like to use SQL Developer (or another tool) to access NoSQL in read/write mode, not only in read-only mode.

I would also like the CLI to be easier to use.

Authentication is not easy to perform.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for a few months.

The authentication is not so easy to set up. It would be nice to have a tool perform visual mode authentication (roles, permissions, etc.) and to integrate with LDAP.

You will get high performance when you organize your data correctly at the beginning. Otherwise, there are instability issues.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs. Scaling it is one of the most valuable features.

Customer service is good.

In our experience with technical support, they're good.

I didn't use another solution.

For a developer, the initial setup was straightforward, but in our production environment it was a bit complex with database shards, authentications, etc.

Implementation Team

We implement the solution for our clients.

Other Advice

Really, I like this product. I advise you to be open minded, and to plan the setup, how to organize data, relationships, keys, etc.