Oracle NoSQL Review

The features I've found to be most valuable are the speed of reading and writing, the transactions model, and just the overall simplicity of using it. It could use a better GUI.

Valuable Features

The features I've found to be most valuable are the speed of reading and writing (read/write performance levels are really high), the transactions model (semantics for data manipulation), and just the overall simplicity of using it.

Room for Improvement

There are a few areas for improvement that I can see, such as security improvements, better monitoring capabilities, and stability of each node. It also could use a better GUI.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for demo purposes for one to two months.

We had no deployment issues.

We've had some issues with stability. During our testing, we were able to drop an entire database by writing huge amounts of data. This is unacceptable -- there could be errors and refusals, but never a complete fall.

There were no problems scaling it for our needs.

Technical support is good. We didn’t have problems with them in our experience.

We chose it because of our relationship with Oracle.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward. We've had no problems here.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with our in-house team.

Other Advice

The product is quite nice. It's very simple and was well integrated with the Hadoop MapReduce framewok. It lacks some stability and a good monitoring GUI, so be careful.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Oracle Platinum Partners.