Oracle NoSQL Review

The features I've found to be most valuable are the speed of reading and writing, the transactions model, and just the overall simplicity of using it. It could use a better GUI.

What is most valuable?

The features I've found to be most valuable are the speed of reading and writing (read/write performance levels are really high), the transactions model (semantics for data manipulation), and just the overall simplicity of using it.

What needs improvement?

There are a few areas for improvement that I can see, such as security improvements, better monitoring capabilities, and stability of each node. It also could use a better GUI.

I've been using it for demo purposes for one to two months.

We had no deployment issues.

We've had some issues with stability. During our testing, we were able to drop an entire database by writing huge amounts of data. This is unacceptable -- there could be errors and refusals, but never a complete fall.

There were no problems scaling it for our needs.

Technical support is good. We didn’t have problems with them in our experience.

We chose it because of our relationship with Oracle.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward. We've had no problems here.

We implemented it with our in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

The product is quite nice. It's very simple and was well integrated with the Hadoop MapReduce framewok. It lacks some stability and a good monitoring GUI, so be careful.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Oracle Platinum Partners.