Oracle OBIEE Review

User-friendly tools for customizing dashboards

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Oracle OBIEE is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We do not use it in our company. Our clients use it for management and business intelligence.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the user-friendly set of tools that the customer can use to develop their own business dashboards.

What needs improvement?

The complexity of this product means that you need to have a technical team to develop the reports, although this is also true for products like Microsoft BI and Zoho.

Performance-wise, there may be some room for improvement.

We have been dealing with Oracle OBIEE for the past three years.

The OBIEE  tool can only be used in enterprise-level companies. It is not suitable for small and medium-sized companies because of the cost. Also, the complexity of it means that you need a technical team to install it and develop the reports.

We are satisfied with the support we are getting from Oracle.

We have experience with several solutions including Zoho and Microsoft BI.

The initial setup is not easy, although it is not very complex either.

The average deployment will take a week, although this will increase depending on the complexity of the environment.

The cost of this solution is a little bit high compared with other products like Zoho, so reducing it would make OBIEE more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the client's objective and the complexity of the business. We also have to consider their budget.

More Oracle OBIEE reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft BI
Learn what your peers think about Oracle OBIEE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.