Oracle OBIEE Review
Exalytics and OBIEE, size does matter

Valuable Features

Exalytics combined with Exadata server makes it possible to query ~ 50TB of datamart data (uncompressed size), that's really great and ~ 1000 of simultaneous requests.

Improvements to My Organization

In the past it was not possible to join data from so many different sources due to the performance limitations imposed by the size of the data

Room for Improvement

Self service BI. It's clear that Endeca tends to be integrated into BIFS and probably self-service functionality will be covered by Endeca.

Use of Solution

3 years

Sometime copy-paste of report metadata is quite complicated.

No, scalability is a big positive for the product.

We didn't get into contact with support. From previous projects I have very various experience with Oracle support. It happened to me to get very helpful solutions almost immediately, in other cases, we were just ping-ponging emails, but no breakthrough.

The initial setup was pretty complex due to the fact that very complicated aggregation rules were defined, but I think this would have even more complicated to be implemented with other BI tools.

Implementation Team

I was part of a vendor team.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

N/A

Other Solutions Considered

We are not involved in this phase.

Other Advice

Oracle BI combined with Exadata/Exalytics is a perfect tool for ROLAP/HOLAP type reports especially for extreme data sizes. I don't know any other tool suitable for that.
8 visitors found this review helpful