Oracle OBIEE Review

Users are able to see dashboards and reports, while executive-level management can get a high-level view of the organization's functions.

What is most valuable?

• Integrated search options
  • Oracle scorecards
  • Pivot tables
  • Map views

How has it helped my organization?

When reports are developed in a way that show the work done in time, work done but not in time, and work not done at all, they drive the customers to pay attention to the lagging areas. This encourages everyone to work positively towards achieving the fixed goal in hand.

What needs improvement?

Some of the legacy BI publisher features have been discarded in the newer versions. Having them would help the product. The ability to provide column description upon hovering on the header would be of real help.

I've used it for five years.

No major issues.

No major issues.

Some of the issues were in regards to the LDAP authentication setup, but it was resolved.

7/10.

7/10.

No previous solution was in place.

It was pretty straightforward and simple. All we had to do was follow the installation manual, which provides a UI to setup the tool.

It was done in-house.

All the ventures that were started based off of this product were successful. The users were actively using the dashboards and reports, while the executive level management were able to view the functioning of their respective organizations on high-level view.

Ensure you purchase a complete enterprise package from Oracle so you can get the full benefit of OBIEE.

• Crystal Reports
  • SQR Reports

What other advice do I have?

Ensure the application server and the web server are installed and configured as recommended.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a partner with Oracle.